Roasted Tongue Millefeuille and Giovanni's Giardiniera
Who says that the millefeuille should be only a dessert? Actually it is a recipe that lends itself to a lot of dishes. Our calf tongue is an italian traditional recipe. For those who loves it here's a tasty recipe.
For those who haven't tried yet, this is the moment do it: the tenderness of the tongue and the crust fragrance is perfectly combine with the crunchiness of the Giovanni's Giardiniera.
Seeing is believing!
Ingredients per 4 persons
- Veal tongue
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- La Giardiniera di Giovanni
- Fiore di Sale
- Black Pepper
- Prepare the fresh tongue: immerse it in a large pot with salt, an onion, a leg of celery, a carrot and a bay leaf, leaving it to cook for about 2 hours.
- Once cooked, cut the tongue into slices about 1 cm thick, then sear them in a non-stick pan for 1 minute on each side until you get a nice crust.
- Plate the mille-feuille on the plate, alternating the slices of tongue with La Giardiniera di Giovanni, being careful to put all the elements, including fruit (it will give a special touch to the dish!).
- Garnish with sprouts or wild radicchio. An aromatic and structured white wine is ideal to accompany this preparation.