Ravioli with Pumpkin, Pink pickled onions and crispy bacon
This recipe is a dedication to all women, so that they take care of their health with gusto. In the month for the prevention of breast cancer, we too at La Giardiniera want to reaffirm our commitment, supporting this noble cause. In fact, one of our excellences, "LE CIPOLLINE IN ROSA", is part of the Pink is good initiative, the charity project created by Umberto Veronesi in support of scientific research, in which Morgan and Luciana have been collaborating for some years. Here is an exquisite creation for you in which pink onions are combined with pumpkin: a dish in which to savor the intense autumn flavors and which reminds us that #pinkOctober should be every month of the year.
Ingredients per 4 persons
- artisanal pumpkin ravioli 400gr
- 8 Pink onions cut into quarters
- mountain butter 80gr
- 8 slices of bacon flavored with spices
- fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- Cook the ravioli in abundant salted water, in the meantime melt the butter in a pan into which you will also add the onions, sauté them and bring them up to temperature, emulsifying everything with a little cooking water.
- Over medium heat, brown the bacon slices in a non-stick frying pan, to make them crunchy.
- Once the ravioli have been drained, season them with the melted butter and the onions. Serve the ravioli with the Pink Onions in evidence, place the roasted pancetta in relief and finish the dish with some fresh thyme leaves.